level 4 header

News


Rachel Izzo -- A CrossFit experience

Saturday, October 13, 2007



Rachel Izzo has been doing CrossFit with us since she was 14. Now at 17, she is applying to colleges and used her experience with CrossFit for one of her essays on an application. Here is an excerpt from her essay:

Over the past three years, I gained much more than good workouts and a stronger build. For one thing, CrossFit has given me a new sense of self-confidence. People of all ages and sizes flock to this gym; for the first time in my life, I do not have to worry about what I look like, what I wear, how I compare to everyone else. Sure, everyone competes against each other during timed workouts but this is a friendly competition, one where everyone is in it together. No matter how strong or weak a person is, she can do the workout, and accomplish an enormous amount in the process.

To read Rachel's entire essay, click here.

Good luck Rachel!

Labels: