level 4 header

News


RKC certification

Friday, July 6, 2007

I'm a volunteer part-time assistant in the gym for the time being, while I'm learning to train people. As part of the process I've earned a CrossFit certification and the NSCA-CPT certification, and assisted Dave with some fitness classes. And then last month I went to Minneapolis for the three-day RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge) kettlebell trainer certification. Dave and Nancy had done the RKC already, so I was prepared with what to expect, and CrossFit had prepared me very well for the workouts.

If you want to know more about what the RKC was like and what we learned, I documented it in two parts on my blog, starting here.

At the end of the event, most of the CrossFitters present assembled to have our picture taken with Pavel, chief instructor and creator of the RKC. Pictured left to right below are Chris Netley (Crossfit Inland Empire), Bill Henniger (Crossfit Columbus), Pavel (he seems to go by just Pavel these days, like Cher), me, Troy Taylor (Crossfit Columbus), Chris Brown (Crossfit Fort Collins), and Michael Latch (Valley Crossfit).



Contact us for more info :

Email: info@crossfitseattle.com
Phone: 206-992-7360 (nancy)
206-992-7330 (dave)
206-550-5111 (scott)

Physical Address:
4350 Leary Way Northwest
Seattle, WA 98107

Mailing address:
PO Box 15231
Seattle, WA 98115

Google Map: click here